New Lounger
    Thanks
    Nancy

I am running on the same software patform as you but have a different problem and cant see it addressed on the forum anywhere.

Whenever I have multiple tabs open on IE8 and try to close one I get a message box that says that Explorer has encountered a probolem and gives me the option to close it entirely, check online for a solution. I am finding the best option is to just ignore the message and click out of that box. This isnt just occasionally either - tis every time I close one of the tabs.

Often that works fine from then on, sometimes it tells me that IE has closed and reopened and restored the remaining tabs.

nad other times it closes IE with an addressing excpetion that stubbornly refuses to elt me sue IE again without a reboot.

Anyone else getting this problem - apologies if it ahs been discussed already.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Addons are often the culprit for IE issues. Have you tried running IE with addons disabled?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having much the same problem. Every time I go to X-out of IE8 (Vista) it tells me that an error has occured and that IE has to shut down now -- which is what I wanted to do anyway! I end up have to X-out of 3 different boxes just to turn the darn thing off.

I would have just taken the add-ons suggestion, but I didn't know what that meant. Could you be more specific? I know Firefox has add-ons, but I haven't done anything like that in IE.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
    I am having much the same problem. Every time I go to X-out of IE8 (Vista) it tells me that an error has occured and that IE has to shut down now -- which is what I wanted to do anyway! I end up have to X-out of 3 different boxes just to turn the darn thing off.

I would have just taken the add-ons suggestion, but I didn't know what that meant. Could you be more specific? I know Firefox has add-ons, but I haven't done anything like that in IE.
    IE, Tools, Manage add ons.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy