2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I need a little help. Occasionally Iíll print e-mails. However, the font size always prints out very, very small. I can barely see it. I canít seem to find any way to increase the size to at least the same font size as the screen. Hereís what Iím using:

Win 7 (64 bit)

Firefox 3.6.6

Roadrunner web based e-mail

Canon Pixma MP160

In Firefox I have all fonts set to 16 TIMES NEW ROMAN (no I have not tried a different font)

It doesnít matter whether I use Roadrunnerís printable view or a Firefox add-on to give me a print preview and then print. The only difference is that with the Firefox add-on I get the full screen with ads and logoís and what-not. The Roadrunner Printable view gives me the header and text.

I usually copy and paste the dialog to Word. Then it copies at a readable font size with no problem.

How can I print mail from the web page to a readable font size? I suspect I donít have some setting the way it should be. Whatís strange I never had this problem with earlier versions of Firefox (at least not that I can remember).

Using Internet Explorer 8 seems to work satisfactory but I prefer Firefox.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Norm

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by norm201 View Post
    It doesnít matter whether I use Roadrunnerís printable view or a Firefox add-on to give me a print preview and then print. The only difference is that with the Firefox add-on I get the full screen with ads and logoís and what-not. The Roadrunner Printable view gives me the header and text.
    Do you think that the text is small because of the "Shrink to Fit" setting? You can toggle that in the Page Setup dialog or, if you can use Print Preview in the Roadrunner Printable view, from the toolbar.

If it is not the "Shrink to Fit" setting, then perhaps that particular font is corrupted. Normally, screen and print fonts are the same, but occasionally you get a rogue printer font that is used only for printing. You could check the Windows\Fonts folder for one named Times and, if found, move it out to another folder temporarily to see whether that makes a difference.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Do you think that the text is small because of the "Shrink to Fit" setting? You can toggle that in the Page Setup dialog or, if you can use Print Preview in the Roadrunner Printable view, from the toolbar.

If it is not the "Shrink to Fit" setting, then perhaps that particular font is corrupted. Normally, screen and print fonts are the same, but occasionally you get a rogue printer font that is used only for printing. You could check the Windows\Fonts folder for one named Times and, if found, move it out to another folder temporarily to see whether that makes a difference.
    Usually the "Shrink to Fit" does not come into play, but notwithstanding the problem does not manifest itself in IE. I'll try the font idea you brought up, but I would think that a corrupt font would manifest itself in Word and other programs.

5 minutes later...Ok I tried changing to Ariel font and guess what? It worked perfect. Sometimes the simple solution is the staring me in the face. I didn't remove the Times New Roman yet to see it is corrupt but I will in the near future. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by norm201 View Post
    Ok I tried changing to Ariel font and guess what? It worked perfect. Sometimes the simple solution is the staring me in the face. I didn't remove the Times New Roman yet to see it is corrupt but I will in the near future.
    I wouldn't delete the Times New Roman font (TrueType or Outline font). Instead, look for a "Times" font, which may have a different icon than the others.