3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subtotal Function under Tools (Excel 2000/XP)

Are there an easy way of selecting all the columns to perform a subtotal on?

I have a 37 column table and I need to subtotal 36 of the 37 columns. Are there a quick way of selecting all the columns

Thanks

Mario

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subtotal Function under Tools (Excel 2000/XP)

The shortcut that I like the best is <Shift> <End> <Arrow-key>. In your case:

1) Press <Ctrl> <Home> to go to cell A1.

2) Select A1 thru A37 by pressing the <Shift> key and the <End> key at the same time and then release the <End> key and press the right arrow.

3) Deselect A37 by continuing to hold down the <Shift> key and press the left arrow.

4) Select all of the rows by by continuing to hold down the <Shift> key and press <End> and then <Down-Arrow>.

This is actually combining two keyboard shortcuts: <Shift> to add to the selection and <End> <Arrow-key> to move to the end of a filled-range.

Note--if there are blank cells then you will have "sudden stops," but you can press the End-Arrow again. Just don't let go of the <Shift> key.

Another useful (and quicker) way is to use the Tools>Customize menu with the command tab to drag the Edit>Select Current Region button to the toolbar (I put it before the Cut button). Now to select your region, press the Select Current Region button and then press <Shift> <Back-Arrow>.

HTH Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Manually or VBA?

If manually and they are contiguous, click on the column header letter for the first one, say "C", and drag the cursor to the right until it shows "37C" selected? If the columns are not contiguous, use a combination of control clicking the non-adjacent column headers and ctrl-dragging the adjacent column headers.

In VBA, use Range("C:C,E:I,K:M").Select
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ctrl + * also selects the current region.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you mean with the Subtotal Dialog Box showing. If that's the case, then manualy there's no way AFAIK. Bummer.