New Lounger
    Thanks
    How can I get stop my computer setting up lots of Users with names TEMP.winuser-PC.000 through to TEMP.winuser-PC.066 so far.

These profiles do not let me delete them - even as administrator?

more clogging up of the machine.

Thanks guys

(Make answers simple - not too techy) Windows Vista Business Version 6 Service Pack 2

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Stevenson View Post
    How can I get stop my computer setting up lots of Users with names TEMP.winuser-PC.000 through to TEMP.winuser-PC.066 so far.

These profiles do not let me delete them - even as administrator?

more clogging up of the machine.

Thanks guys

(Make answers simple - not too techy) Windows Vista Business Version 6 Service Pack 2
    Jeremy,
    Hello.. Do you have any "tools " such as "REVO" Uninstaller , CCleaner , Winbubble, Unlocker, to work with ?... I'll have to check out on my Vista OS to see exactly where these are, (don't remember seeing anything like these) and what if any thing they are doing. Regards Fred

OK, just checked and i couldn't find these on my Vista Home Premium 32 Maybe only on "Business" Vista Version ? anyway ... do you have any of the tools that i mentioned?
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry Fred - do not have any of these tools - nice of you to ask.Do i need them to tidy thsi up? Thanks J

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry Fred - do not have any of these tools - nice of you to ask.Do i need them to tidy thsi up? Thanks J
    Jeremy,
    Hello... Yes the "tools that i mentioned are all useful in "keeping things tidy" They are all free, and do a variety of things from removing "temp" files to scanning your registry to remove no longer useful entries. Also "Unlocker and "Winbubble" will give you the ability to "take ownership" and then delete the recalcitrant entries. Could you supply the path to your "temp files" as i cannot find them on my "Vista SP-2 OS" Also depending on what "security" that you are running ... it would be easier to down load them all and then "switch off " your security system to install them (off line until your finished) .. On My OS .. Norton won't let me install some of these without raising a "fuss" I as well as many on this forum use some or all these "tools" and for the most part are perfectly safe to use. However you can get in trouble when using "Unlocker and Taking ownership (Winbubble)" as you then have the power to delete anything and... sometimes that doesn't end so well If you are able to, you should "image" you OS before attempting any of these things...not that you have to but.... its a good practice to "get into" doing. If your not sure about where to find these programs, or questions about "imaging" post back and i (and many others) will be happy to assist you ironing out your problems( PC wise that is ) Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    C:\\Users\TEMP.winuser-PC
    C:\\Users\TEMP.winuser-PC.001

etcetera
    I have security from Virgin media - broadband service provider - but can turn ohttp://lounge.windowssecrets.com/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gifff if it interferes with instal? Do not have Windows disk. Do these tools come as a package or do I need to find them separately?

Thanks for your interest.

Jeremy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    C:\\Users\TEMP.winuser-PC
    C:\\Users\TEMP.winuser-PC.001
    I have security from Virgin media - broadband service provider Do not have Windows disk. Do these tools come as a package or do I need to find them separately?
    Jeremy,
    Hello.. I have nothing like what your path shows on my Vista SP-2 Home Premium . As to the next points....
    1. The "security" that i was talking about is a 3rd party program ... like Norton 360 .. not familiar with what exactly "Virgin Media" is.
    2. I was not referring to the install disk about "imaging" but to another 3rd party program ... such as Acronis True Image , Norton Ghost , Macrium Paragon, etc. Some of these are free and some are not, the latter having more tools included with them. They make an exact copy of your "OS" just as it is at the moment that you do the image (all files ,folders "OS" ..everything)... so you could always "go back" to a time before you "messed up" (when deleting things) If it doesn't work out as you had planed.
    3.The "tools" that i mentioned, have to be downloaded from their individual sites. Just do a search for each mentioned ...This will provide you with many "sites" to down load from. If your not sure of how to do this ... post back and i will supply you with the links.. Regards Fred
    PlainFred