Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the simplest way to cisplay a numbered list (1,2,3, etc (But NOT the Record Autonumber) in a datasheet view or a report? That it, display the first record as 1, second as 2, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Chuck,

According to MS Access 2003 help file this is dooable...see below.
    However, try as I might I can't find the "Running Sum" Property in Access 2003 but I did find in in Access 2007 and tested the instructions there and they worked just fine (see sample report below).

I just wish I could figure out why this property isn't showing in 2003 when the 2003 help file says it should be there. To get the help article just search on "Running Sum".

On further testing....I goofed! I created a Form not a Report. So this works on Reports but does NOT work on Forms answering another part of your question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tucker View Post
    What is the simplest way to cisplay a numbered list (1,2,3, etc (But NOT the Record Autonumber) in a datasheet view or a report? That it, display the first record as 1, second as 2, etc.
    See the rather lengthy thread Numbering Rows in a Query by an ID (Records) from the fall of 2009 for a discussion of the issues in trying to do it in a query - as RG suggested, doing it on a report is the easiest. The datasheet view (presumably a query) or form view is more of a challenge, and in all likelihood require a VBA solution using either ADO or DAO.
    Wendell

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all. It works just fine on a report.