Thanks
    First of all, this is actually a Directory Opus issue...I know...I am in "deep discussions with them already, and, in a week, no solutions, so I thought I'd at least ask:

I have several partitions, among them my main system ("C"), and one that I use to back up files ("I"). I accomplish this purely by a direct copy from "C" to "I".

One of the folders that gets copied is "C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Inter net Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\Icons", so it then becomes "I:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Inter net Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\Icons. That is a folder used for icon storage (by True launch bar).

After I have copied all the files from "C" to "", if I go over to "I" and drill down to "I:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Inter net Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~", all is fine. But the very moment I go down one more level into "Icons", I am switched over to Drive "C"!

How / why would this happen?

Any pointers at all would help -- and yes, I'm also in touch with Yuri (True Launch).

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My guess is that the folder you clicked into is not a real folder but rather a link, and the link references a location on the C: drive. Try right-clicking the folder in question and looking at its properties.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Johnson2191 View Post
    My guess is that the folder you clicked into is not a real folder but rather a link, and the link references a location on the C: drive. Try right-clicking the folder in question and looking at its properties.
    Peter, here's what the properties show:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This doesn't look like a shortcut - if it was the properties would have a Shortcut tab.

Just to be sure - if you double-click the Icons folder, you are taken to the Icons folder on the C: drive?

Also, what happens if you expand the tree view on the left panel of Explorer, and then click on Icons in the tree view?

Thanks
    This doesn't look like a shortcut - if it was the properties would have a Shortcut tab.

Just to be sure - if you double-click the Icons folder, you are taken to the Icons folder on the C: drive?

Also, what happens if you expand the tree view on the left panel of Explorer, and then click on Icons in the tree view?
    Peter, if I do that, I end up on the "I" drive -- as I should -- in the Icons folder.

Chuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Peter, if I do that, I end up on the "I" drive -- as I should -- in the Icons folder.

Chuck
    Guys, I'm sorry, I found it.

I copied all the ICO files to another folder, and then deleted the Icons folder, set up a new one, putting just the ICO files back, and now it's fine.

There (obviously) had to be some type of file there issuing some sort of directive that wasn't catching.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Guys, I'm sorry, I found it.

I copied all the ICO files to another folder, and then deleted the Icons folder, set up a new one, putting just the ICO files back, and now it's fine.

There (obviously) had to be some type of file there issuing some sort of directive that wasn't catching.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    The file (culprit) was a target.lnk file. What the heck is that, or rather, who/what put that there and why?

Regards,
    Chuck

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A .lnk file is a shortcut. Not sure how it got there (the app installation program? The app itself?), but a shortcut would exhibit the behavior you describe since it actually redirects you to another location.

Thanks
    A .lnk file is a shortcut. Not sure how it got there (the app installation program? The app itself?), but a shortcut would exhibit the behavior you describe since it actually redirects you to another location.
    Peter, yes, I understood it to be a shortcut. I just cannot figure who/what put it there, why, and how come it automatically executed every time I clicked into the folder.

Regards,
    Chuck