4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Windows XP SP3 with an AOC LM925 monitor. Suddenly it has started flashing up little windows on the screen with messages such as "OSD Locked" or the OSD screen itself or some aspect of it with options to adjust. The four buttons along the bottom of the monitor do not seem to have their normal function and the manual is not very helpful. These little windows disappear after a moment or two but they are most distracting and have never appeared before except for one that says "No Signal" when the screensaver kicks in. Any suggestions as to overcoming this annoyance?

Thanks
    Are you using the latest driver for the LCD? Do you have a manual for the LCD? If not, you can download one here. A simple adjustment might be required.

If you are already using the latest driver, it might be corrupted. Try uninstalling the driver and download/install a fresh copy. You could try using a generic driver supplied by Windows to see if the issue goes away. Pick one that will give you the resolution you are accustomed to (I believe 1280x1024 is native on yours) just to see what happens.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have followed the instructions in my manual to unlock the OSD but they do not seem to work. It says to press and hold the Menu button while the monitor is off and then press the power button to turn the monitor on. Pressing the power button does nothing, the only way to turn the monitor on is to move the mouse. And the window saying "OSD is locked" reappears.

Lounger
    Thanks
    The OSD is generated within the monitor itself (and used, as I'm sure you know, to make adjustments to the monitor). If it's randomly appearing I strongly suspect a fault with the monitor.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Strangely enough, the random windows have not popped up for the last two days and the buttons along the bottom of the monitor are now behaving correctly again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even more strangely, the random windows started popping up again for about half an hour tonight but since then all has been quiet(!) and the monitor buttons once again are behaving correctly.