New Lounger
    Riverside County, CA
    I have windows xp (sp3) and I use outlook 2007 to manage all my personal and business email (work from home). The last month I have had a problem and my outlook keeps shutting down. I have tried uninstalling office 2007 and reinstalling and I have tried to reinstall outlook connector (which I suspect is the problem) with no success. The problem persists.

I have pop 3 mail, which seems to work ok as long as I don't try to open any business mail from my business account, or did, now it locks up if I open any mail. My business mail not opeing is creating a real challenge for me. This is an office live email connected to outlook using the outlook connector program. This is creating a problem since I save a large number of business email files in my personal folders, organized in subfolders. I cannot access them, as soon as I try it closes down outlook.

Now the problem has progressed to not letting me finish a send receive, or if it does finish the program locks up as soon as I try to open an email. I really rely on using outlook calendar to sync appointments with my Blackberry and keep track of work in progress.

Has anyone else had a similar probelm, or know how to fix this. I have run scanpst. It did find and repair errors, but did not touch this problem. Could the very large size of saved files I have be contributing to this problem?

Thanks for any help you can give. (no error message other than "microsoft outlook has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" appear.

Try opening Outlook in Safe Mode and see if you can retrieve Emails:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.
    2. Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the name of the Microsoft Office program that you want to run.

If That works, try disabling your Outlook add ons one at a time until you find the culprit.