New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all.

I have the following setup. Computer A(Windows XP) link via normal windows workgroup to Computer B(Windows Server 2003). B is linked to Computer C on a separate network segment (different IP range). A shared drive on C is mapped to the J drive on B. A needs full access to this mapped drive. The only physical link between the two network segments is B. Any suggestions???

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there some reason that the contents of that drive on computer C could not live on a share on the server?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Computer C is the server. B is only a workstation with limited resources. I know it has Server 2003 installed on it, and there are reason for this, but it is not used as a server in the same way as C. There must be a way to get A to access the share on C. Even if it means "faking" it in some way.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think it is possible to do what you wish. You could put a router between the two subnets and allow only traffic from those two machines to go through it. This would essentially put A on both subnets.

If you have the two subnets physically wired together and only have them separated by IP subnets, you can bind the NIC on machine A to both subnets at the same time. (this would put A in both networks and would not maintain separation)

If you want to try the second option, post back and I can give you instructions on how to do it. (it is a simple setting within windows, no registry hacking or anything fancy)