Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an eMachine T3998 that I got running and which recommends DUAL CHANNEL memory for BEST results.
    I see DUAL CHANNEL sold as kits.

If I buy 2 DDR3200 modules from same store at same time and same maker and same specs, is that not the same as buying a DUAL CHANNEL KIT ????

I was just wondering if there were some kind of MAGIC to buying them as a kit.

I see DDR3200 running at 2.5 and 2.6 volts and with CL ratings of 2.5 and 3.0.

I "assume" that that tiny an amount of voltage and CL ratings won't affect the runnning on the computer since most of the time the only info on packages is DDR3200.
    Packages NEVER offer the voltage and CL ratings from what I have seen.
    Guy selling says it is LOW DENSITY and DDR3200 and is what you NEED and WILL WORK IN ALL MACHINES.
    SOLD AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!

I have done the CRUCIAL search site and all it says is 2 Gigs of DDR3200 .
    I know they GUARANTEE that their memory will work.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Once in a while a computer will be really fussy about RAM where latency and voltage matters (I have a Compaq that is such). If the system is running great on hi-density RAM, doesn't matter, otherwise always go with low density for maximum compatibility.

Dual channel equals memory configuration. You should see a color coordination of the memory slots on the mobo. For instance if there's 4 slots, slots 0 and 2 (1,3) may be the same color and different from 1,3 (2.4), indicating dual channel mode is active when those two slots are filled.

Thanks
    If I buy 2 DDR3200 modules from same store at same time and same maker and same specs, is that not the same as buying a DUAL CHANNEL KIT ????
    Yes, two sets of identical memory set up in dual channel mode on the mainboard. Your motherboard should have at least
    2 dimm slots that are capable of supporting Dual Channel mode.
    I was just wondering if there were some kind of MAGIC to buying them as a kit.
    Purchase two identical kits from the same manufacturer, now, as opposed to coming back a year later and getting the
    second kit. (Things change and you may find it harder to get, if not impossible).
    If possible, purchase all your memory in the same kit, that would be ideal; 2GB= 2x1GB moduals, as an example.
    Otherwise 2 kits of identical ram are fine.
    I "assume" that that tiny an amount of voltage and CL ratings won't affect the runnning on the computer since most of the time the only info on packages is DDR3200.
    Packages NEVER offer the voltage and CL ratings from what I have seen.
    Guy selling says it is LOW DENSITY and DDR3200 and is what you NEED and WILL WORK IN ALL MACHINES.
    SOLD AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!
    I like to research and buy on the internet where you can see the voltages and timings, usually. But I don't think it
    will make much difference, you'll have some headroom in many instances were fine tweaking from within the
    bios can be done...just as long as you know your board is capable of handling voltage adjustments.
    You should also see voltage and timing ratings on packages, if not, note the memory model numbers on the manufacturer's site, that does list voltages and timings, to those of the memory in the store bought package.
    They should be the same, if they are not, you don't have the exact same memory that you previously searched for
    from the manufacturers website.

Dual Channel Memory setups
    Memory Upgrade for eMachines eMachines T3998 Computer
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.