New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Browser calls in Outlook 98 (Netscape 4.7 to 6.1)

I have recently upgraded browsers from Netscape 4.7 to 6.1 and I use Outlook 98 (Build 8.5.66140) as my email client. When I double click on a hyperlink in a email message in Outlook, the system uses the older version of Netscape. Can anyone suggest how I change this so it will use the newer version of Netscape?

Thanks

David

Thanks

Re: Changing Browser calls in Outlook 98 (Netscape 4.7 to 6.1)

Funnily enough, MS do not give any helpful instructions (that I could find) that would help you select NS as a browser.
    However, these instructions for selecting the correct version of IE could possibly be tweaked - try changing <font color=red>IExplore</font color=red> to the correct version of NS.
    1. <LI>On the desktop, double-click My Computer.
      <LI>on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
      <LI>In the Registered File Types list, click URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol, click Advanced, and then click Edit.
      <LI>In the Actions box, type open.
      <LI>In the Application used to perform action box, find to the location of Internet Explorer (Iexplore.exe), and then click Open.
      <LI>In the Application box, type <font color=red>IExplore</font color=red> and then click OK

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing Browser calls in Outlook 98 (Netscape

Did you delete the older version of Netscape? I had a similar problem and had to delete 4.78. Hope this helps. Libbie
    LibbieL