Thread: Outlook Macros

Lounger
    Thanks
    We recently changed to Outlook 2007 but our new network managers installed it with a very irritating default folder view. Every time I create a new folder, or go into an old one I haven't used since the switch, I want to Customise the View by: a. removing the same six fields b.adding one back in, c. formatting the date d.removing the grouping. I would like to create a macro to do this but because there is no record feature I don't know where to start. I have tried visiting Sue Moshe's site, but there are no sample codes for anything like this.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maryweale View Post
    Every time I create a new folder, or go into an old one I haven't used since the switch, I want to Customise the View
    There's no need to create a macro to do what you want - under the View menus, View | Arrange By | Current view | Define views, name the customized View you have designed and save it as a named custom View. Then use the same dialog to Apply this view to each new folder for which you want it.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    You also can rapidly switch views using the "Advanced" toolbar, a motley assortment of less useful controls. (It's called Advanced in Outlook 2003, but it might have a different name in Outlook 2007.)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, those were both a great help. I created my own defined view and then added editd the Advanced toolbar to contain 'Current View' which means I can switch the view to my own design in two straightforward clicks. I tried adapting the installed view 'Messages' but that wasn't really successful, there are too many complicating factors, so own defined view is definitely the way forward.