New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have windows explorer (in Win 7) set to not show hidden files and it doesn't. I use xplorer2 instead of windows explorer and xplorer2 shows annoying hidden files. In Vista, xplorer2 used whatever settings were used in windows explorer for displaying or hiding hidden files. The worst area seems to be when I downloaded mp3 albums from amazon. In Win 7, there are many more files than the mp3's. There are lots of album art jpg's, and desktop.ini. All are hidden and most are system files. On my Vista machine, none of these show up even though I display hidden files! They are just not there. I think Win 7 somehow adds these files.

Any ideas on where all these files come from? How can I hide them in xplorer2 (they are hidden in windows explorer)?

Thanks
    Tools -> Options -> General tab, then uncheck the box in front of "Show Hidden files and folders" (second option down)
    might satisfy your desires...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rhodes View Post
    Any ideas on where all these files come from? How can I hide them in xplorer2 (they are hidden in windows explorer)?
    Windows Media Player (WMP) insists on downloading them. That is one of the reasons I prefer using WinAmp instead.
    On my Vista machine, none of these show up even though I display hidden files! They are just not there. I think Win 7 somehow adds these files.
    From what I call back when I used Vista the files were there also (though later versions of WMP might download more of them, I haven't checked that). Depending on the many setting in Explorer they might or might not show up. Usually the only reliable way to see what is really on your disk drive is to open a Command Prompt and run the dir command.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would say that this is a " xplorer2 " issue in that the hidden system files are shown in xplorer2 but not in Windows Explorer.

What version and where did you get your copy of xplorer2 ?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Tools -> Options -> General tab, then uncheck the box in front of "Show Hidden files and folders" (second option down)
    might satisfy your desires...
    Thank you, BATcher. This solved it. I never thought to look there. I thought xplorer2 got its settings from windows explorer. I was wrong...
    John