New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm running XP SP3 using Outlook Express on two different computers. Up until about a month ago both computers would use whatever OE stationery I cared to use. Then suddenly one of the machines would no longer display any of the stationery. I can copy any of the .htm stationery files over to the other computer and they would display ok. On the computer that wouldn't display the files, the "bad" computer, I can go to the folder where all the stationery files are stored, and they won't display there either, so it's probably not just a problem with my Outlook Express.
    I tried an online problem-solving service, Just Answer I think it was called, and the "experts" there finally gave up on this problem and refunded my money.
    Has anyone run into this problem before, or have any idea what might be causing this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you make a new stationery? Does it display? If it does then something must have happened to the associations between the htm file and the image file perhaps or the image files went missing or are corrupt perhaps. If a newly created stationery does not display then there must be something wrong with the handlers for stationery in OE.

You might want to try Windows Live Mail if you haven't already, its very similar to OE and even has what looks almost like the identical stationery usage tools, and the client itself is kept up to date unlike OE, which has not been supported for quite some time (though it still works for the most part).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply -- no, newly created stationery doesn't display either, although I can take it or any other stationery to another computer and it displays ok, so the htm files are evidently not corrupted. And I can go directly to the folder where the stationery files are stored, not using OE at all, but those htm files won't display either. It's just that htm files anywhere on my computer won't display.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So if you go directly to the folder as you say and right click on one of the .htm files and choose to open in Internet Explorer...nuthin eh? And the image file associated with it is definitely there.
    I was thinking maybe you had OE set to text only but that shouldn't prevent opening an htm file with IE so my only guesses are overly aggressive security software or like you said, something that's common to all htm files is corrupt, in which case I'm in the dark with everyone else.