New Lounger
    Thanks
    When trying to open microsoft office 2007 from a desktop running xp pro service pack 2 and with 2 gigs of memory and 40 gigs of free space I get a not enough memory to run microsoft office message. I loaded office onto an external drive and get the same message on the desktop, but when I ran the program from my laptop on the same external drive the program opens fine. Can someone help me know what is going on and what I might do to fix it? Thanks, Ray Holt

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may be running into an OS issue. Microsoft is withdrawing support for XP Pro SP2 - try applying SP3 and see if that fixes your issue. Office 2007 SP2 may require SP3 of XP in order to run.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Holt View Post
    When trying to open microsoft office 2007 from a desktop running xp pro service pack 2 and with 2 gigs of memory and 40 gigs of free space I get a not enough memory to run microsoft office message. I loaded office onto an external drive and get the same message on the desktop, but when I ran the program from my laptop on the same external drive the program opens fine. Can someone help me know what is going on and what I might do to fix it? Thanks, Ray Holt
    I never had that trouble until 1) after I installed Windows 7 last November; and 2) when I installed a trial of Office 2010 - at which point I'd get that (faulty) lack of memory message. Then, after I removed the trial of Office 2010, the message would now continue to pop up with Office 2007. I don't recall how I fixed it - I think I had to completely remove my two year old copy of Office 2007 and re-install it. In all events, it now works fine. No "lack of memory" messages have popped up for probably six months.
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share, that the world may be healed.