New Lounger
    Thanks
    One of my machines -- a 5 year old eMachine -- just started to display this error on bootup: Exception GIFException in module aviWUSB54GC.dll at 000252AF. The adapter is maintaining the wireless connection, but the Linksys icon has disappeared from the start tray, and can't be launched from the program list. Any quick remedy, or is it uninstall the associated Linksys software, then reinstall? How do I make certain to delete any corrupt files that may be scattered about?

Thanks
    Uninstall the software using this;Revo UninstallerIt's FREE
    Here's a link for the latest drivers for Linksys Support;Linksys
    Btw,welcome to the lounge,Jerry
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Ron. I'll give it a try.

Thanks
    Hi Jerry,

Is the Linksys software you mentioned the software that manages your wireless on your PC? If so, I used the Linksys software before, and I finally uninstalled it and allowed Windows to manage the wireless connections rather than any third party software, and it worked very well, even in XP. It is even better than ever in Windows 7.

Try letting Windows manage your wireless to see if that resolves the problem.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've gotten rid of the error, but am waiting to see whether the Linksys software gives me any more/new trouble. If so, I'll go with Windows to manage the wireless. Thanks.