New Lounger
    Thanks
    The Windows 7 help file includes directions for adding contacts, that begin with "Click to open Windows Contacts." (See attached screen image.) When you do, the Windows Explorer window opens the Contacts library with useful menu options such as "New Contact," "Import" and "Export." You do not get these options, however, if you simply click on the "Contacts" library in Windows Explorer. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing as "Click to open Windows Contacts" without going through the help file?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Click on the Windows Start Orb and start typing Contacts in the search box. You will see Contacts in the results. Right Click on the result, mouse over Send To and you can create a desktop short cut for it.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Jerry, but I knew how to do that. The problem is that the shortcut, just like clicking on Contacts in Windows Explorer, doesn't offer the options that you get going through Windows Help, as I explained in my original question.

Harvey

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Bock View Post
    The problem is that the shortcut, just like clicking on Contacts in Windows Explorer, doesn't offer the options that you get going through Windows Help, as I explained in my original question.
    Either clicking on the Contacts folder or double clicking a shortcut on the desktop opens Windows Exlporer with the menu options as you described on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 system. Same set of options eithr way.

[attachment=89409:Capture.PNG]

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps I'm missing something, but on my system all of these options do the same. However, if the window is small enough, the menu options hide under a -sign. Is that so in your case or is it something else?