New Lounger
    Thanks
    Some youtube videos run w/o interruption. Others run for a while and then stop to download more and then resume video. How can I watch video w/o interruptions? Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Check your speed using Speedtest.net. From what I can determine you need about 700kbps download to view videos satisfactorily. (Someone correct me if the 700kpbs figure is not accurate.)

JB

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks June Bug,
    Download measures 1.25 Mbps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Don't know what browser you are using but I use Firefox and it seems to work better than IE.

Limit the number of open programs to a bare minimum while you are trying to view a video. Also, the number of programs running at start up could have an effect on the video.

Otherwise, it may just be one of those cases where your speed is simply not fast enough. My download speed is is the 13Mbps range and occasionally I get a video that will not load fast enough. Just have to hit the pause button and wait for the buffer.

JB

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks June Bug.

I also use Firefox with Vista and Lite Broadband. Other friends are having the same trouble, some using the same ISP but others using another ISP. I only have trouble with about 10% of the videos. I now just pause and let them download and then watch uninterrupted. I just wondered if there was a cache setting that was too low when I posted the question. I think we can close this thread. Thanks again.