New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used Acronis True Image Home and under the Tools & Utilities tab used the Acronis DriveCleanser to format and clean an external hard drive in preparation for doing backups. Ran the program and now I cannot find that drive. Anyone know of a way to get it back so I can use it again?

Using Dell XPS 400, Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 GHz, 1.9GB Ram, Radeon X300SE 128MB Hypermemory, Acommdata USB HDD 150GB, Windows XP-3
    Using Dell XPS 400, Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 GHz, 1.9GB Ram, Radeon X300SE 128MB Hypermemory, Acommdata USB HDD 150GB, Windows XP-3

Thanks
    I would like to direct you to another thread.That has almost the same trouble,it has been resolved.My link
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Found a utility inside Acronis Home that would identify the drive then formatted it for use, thanks

Thanks
    C Ray, Welcome to the Lounge.

As you discovered, once you clean any drive using a utility like this, the drive (or partition) has to be formated to use. I suspect that those using Win 7 could have also used the built inWindows Disk Manager (Type Disk Management in the search box and choose Create and format hard drive partitions) could have seen the unused space (or disk in your case) and formated it from there as well. I do not recall if XP has a Disk Management console to allow this operation in XP. It would be great info to find out if this would have been possible in XP or Vista as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I do not recall if XP has a Disk Management console to allow this operation in XP. It would be great info to find out if this would have been possible in XP or Vista as well.
    XP Pro has Disk Management ....
    ControlPanel>AdministrativeTools>ComputerManagemen t>DiskManagement
    Right clicking the disk gives options such as Format, Change Drive Letter, Delete, etc.

Thanks
    Another way to get to it is to right-click "My Computer", (either on the Desktop or in the "Start" button), and then select "Manage".

You can also type in diskmgmt.msc in Start>Run.