5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Firefox has released 3.6.8 today
    Release notes are here

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just got notice to download version 3.6.7 about a week ago!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I downloaded Firefox 3.6.8. It screwed up my Computer!!! My task tray icons blinked then faded out then came back with no colors. I have tried restore points, uninstalling & reinstalling yahoo . I can't get my Yahoo
    Add-ons to installl now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TBYRD Williams View Post
    I downloaded Firefox 3.6.8. It screwed up my Computer!!! My task tray icons blinked then faded out then came back with no colors. I have tried restore points, uninstalling & reinstalling yahoo . I can't get my Yahoo
    Add-ons to installl now
    Were you using Firefox's built-in upgrade process or was this a new installation? If it was an upgrade, we you previously using a 3.6.x release or a 3.5.x release?

What kinds of Yahoo add-ons?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was using Firefox 3.6.7, this was an automatic upgrade, that I clicked yes to o.k. Adblock plus , and about six more add-ons. In the mean time I did a system recovery from a system image, which I created just yesterday
    It was perfect when finished. contained Firefox 3.6.7 - NO PROBLEMS!!! I wi ll not be using Firefox 3.6.8. I will just let some of y'all brave souls try it.

Thanks
    I was using Firefox 3.6.7, this was an automatic upgrade, that I clicked yes to o.k. Adblock plus , and about six more add-ons. In the mean time I did a system recovery from a system image, which I created just yesterday
    It was perfect when finished. contained Firefox 3.6.7 - NO PROBLEMS!!! I wi ll not be using Firefox 3.6.8. I will just let some of y'all brave souls try it.
    I installed 3.6.8 this am with no problems Working great. Sorry you had the problem.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I too said yes to 3.6.8 with no ill affects or effects so far. W7Pro64.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Mark down another vote FOR FF 3.6.8. I've upgraded my 32bit Win 7 Desktop from 3.6.7 without incident. Then I updated my 64bit Win 7 Laptop from FF 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 to 3.6.8 again w/o incident.

Update: I just updated my Dual Boot XP SP-3 / Ubuntu 10.4 From 3.6.7 & 3.6.5 respectively to 3.6.8 & 3.6.7 {as high as it will go on Ubuntu now} without incident.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Mark down another vote FOR FF 3.6.8. I've upgraded my 32bit Win 7 Desktop from 3.6.7 without incident. Then I updated my 64bit Win 7 Laptop from FF 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 to 3.6.8 again w/o incident.

Update: I just updated my Dual Boot XP SP-3 / Ubuntu 10.4 From 3.6.7 & 3.6.5 respectively to 3.6.8 & 3.6.7 {as high as it will go on Ubuntu now} without incident.
    PCWorld shows a method I used successfully to load the latest version of FF in Linux. I successfully used this method to upgrade to the latest version before Linux officially adopted the version. Check it out.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After all the replies to my post, I manually down loaded down loaded Firefox 3.6.8 AGAIN. Was using Firefox 3.6.7. Same darn results as yesterday. Task tray icons blinked and came back as Generic folders,also
    desk top icons for Advanced Systems Care, Ccleaner, Glary Utilites,Smart Defrag, and Revo Uninstaller changed to blank looking folders.
    My computer is a HP desktop Pavilion, AMD cpu dual core Athlon x2,4 gb ram, Nvidia GF210 w/512 mb ram video card, Windows 7 Home Premium, dual boot w/Ubuntu 10.04,also use Secunia PSI & Win Patrol Plus.
    I keep ALL MY STUFF up todate & patched.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After all the replies to my post, I manually down loaded down loaded Firefox 3.6.8 AGAIN. Was using Firefox 3.6.7. Same darn results as yesterday. Task tray icons blinked and came back as Generic folders,also
    desk top icons for Advanced Systems Care, Ccleaner, Glary Utilites,Smart Defrag, and Revo Uninstaller changed to blank looking folders.
    My computer is a HP desktop Pavilion, AMD cpu dual core Athlon x2,4 gb ram, Nvidia GF210 w/512 mb ram video card, Windows 7 Home Premium, dual boot w/Ubuntu 10.04,also use Secunia PSI & Win Patrol Plus.
    I keep ALL MY STUFF up todate & patched.
    TBYRD,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. But you can be sure it's not FF that is at fault. Too many people are using it with no ill affects. Your system has some conflict. Try going to msconfig and dis-able as many startup files as possible. Then if it works, begin to enable each one until symptoms appear. This will be very time consuming.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Norm, but I did a System Recovery(1 1/2 hours) second oneI had to do in two days. Ever y thing is working , while using Firefox 3.6.7. I will just stay as I am and wait for FF4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    PCWorld shows a method I used successfully to load the latest version of FF in Linux. I successfully used this method to upgrade to the latest version before Linux officially adopted the version. Check it out.
    Ted,

Thanks much for the link. It worked flawlessly! I'm not at FF 3.6.8 in Ubuntu 10.04.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Ted,

Thanks much for the link. It worked flawlessly! I'm not at FF 3.6.8 in Ubuntu 10.04.
    Hey retired geek, that's great. Works like a charm. Right back at ya Ted (Have a great weekend, oh wait yours are all weekends, well then have a great day!)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    NORM 201. I played around with my system for two days, no fixing the problem. I just finished a complete install of Windows 7 again. That fixed what ever was wrong.