Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently downloaded some new fonts. Acting as Administrator, I right-clicked on the fonts and chose "Install," then I verified that they were copied into c:\Windows\Fonts. They are there where I want them to be, and as far as Windows 7 is concerned, these new fonts are available for use. However, neither Corel Paint Shop Pro nor WordPerfect sees these new fonts. Do I need to uninstall/reinstall these applications, or is there some way I can get Windows 7 to tell every application, "Update your font list."

Thanks
    Normally, if an application is open when new fonts are installed, a restart of the application is all that is required for it to see the new fonts.

Do the applications not see the fonts after a Windows restart as well?

MS Office has a repair option when you run the uninstall routine on the suite. Does the Corel Suite offer a similar option? That would be much quicker than a completely new installation.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Funny, because my Corel apps (Draw&PhotoPaint) do update the font list. Just tried it, and no problems.

Do you have Bitstream Font Navigator installed - it is often bundled at least with CorelDraw&PhotoPaint, don't know about those of yours. Anyway that could be the interfering factor. And no, I don't have it installed - I'm doing fine with just the Win7 Fonts folder. My system is 64-bit.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Thomas,

Which version of Corel Draw are you using?

Please take a look at this article,

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1254516325170

Unfortunately I do not have this software to test functionality for you.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Normally, if an application is open when new fonts are installed, a restart of the application is all that is required for it to see the new fonts.

Do the applications not see the fonts after a Windows restart as well?

MS Office has a repair option when you run the uninstall routine on the suite. Does the Corel Suite offer a similar option? That would be much quicker than a completely new installation.
    Oh geez, this is embarrassing.

After a Windows restart, they both run fine. The thought of restarting Windows and checking again never crossed my mind.