Thread: Just Curious

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I did a search here and actually came up with a thread that completely answered my question which is not usually the case for me. Anyway I am curious because the thread was closed. Granted it was started in 2005 so maybe it is just an age thing as far as how old the post was but I was wondering if eventually all threads get closed or what criteria is used in deciding if or when to close a thread.

Again, no big deal, just curious. I am grateful it was still here and I was able to actually find it.

Thanks
    H Lewton

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In general threads are not closed, although if a thread gets unusually long, it may get closed. Also in the conversion process from the old Woody's Lounge to the Windows Secrets Lounge there were some threads that ended up being closed because of some corruption of data that occured long ago. If you give us a link to the closed thread, we may be able to explain that specific instance.
    Wendell

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    As I indicated earlier I really got lucky with my previous search and didn't have great luck trying to duplicate it this time to give you the link. However, I did print it out earlier today and luckily it had the title printed with it so I found it again by using the title. I believe it must have been one of those that got closed in the conversion since it isn't a long thread. Anyway it answered my questions today even though I asked them back in 2005 it appears. Here is the link Click here
    H Lewton