Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Using PowerPoint and Word 2007, is it possible to put a link into a slide that will take viewer to a Word document and back again? Everything I can find shows how to do the reverse. I'm trying to make it possible for viewer of slide show to go to a Word document to see an example of the issue described on the slide.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe what you want to do is "Embed" the Word document on a slide rather than linking to a Word file - which would open Word to view the file. See this Microsoft support thead Re: How do I attach a word document .... Also see this Yahoo thread How do I embed Word in PowerPoint... and this Microsoft Word help article Link or embed a PowerPoint slide - it deals with the reverse situation, but the concepts are the same, but the embed is initiated in PowerPoint rather than in Word.
    Wendell

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the suggestions and links, Wendell. I'll review them all and post back on my success once I have!

Result: I tried both link and embed options and the link worked perfectly - on my computer, which will be fine for demo purposes.

When it is being created for distribution, the embed thread suggested the link wouldn't work so I tried embedding it, but then the Word page opened on the PowerPoint slide behind the slide text!

How do I - or can I - make the embed work like the link? Opening the Word page on a new screen for viewing (as happened with link) is the effect I'm trying for!

Linda