New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently purchased a 23 inch monitor and a HP Elite 7000 running XP Pro. The monitor is set at 1920X1080 pixels. I know there are several places to adjust for size of text etc and I think I have tried them all.
    My problem is that some programs show up with such fine print that I can hardly read them. The internet and most of the programs are OK. Some of the newer programs have this very small print. If I adjust the pixels I get a distortion and /or it seems to blow things off the screen.
    Has any one else had this problem?
    Would appreciate any thoughts or comments..

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wouild say yes it is a bit problematic for us old-timers (or for those of us not blessed with eagle's eyes). The one setting that should be universal is the DPI setting in General Display. Setting it to 120 or 125 should affect scaling everywhere, but it does not work perfectly in XP (or Win7 as I've found out) as there will be some scaling "fit" issues for some non-resizable prompt windows and the like. For the most part I can live with that though since everything else fits and is very legible. Sometimes I can also find a custom theme in which I can adjust font and size to a workable level. Adjusting text scaling on a per-app basis or by changing the screen resolution is the least desirable since it tends to "water down" or desharpen the text.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    LCD monitors should always be run in their native resolution, anything else means the monitor juggles size with clarity. You could try one of the screen magnifier programs - there is one built into Windows, Start > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Will give your sugggestions a try and let you know.