Thanks
    I went out this afternoon and took some photos of an island on the Columbia River, with the intent of putting them together in the Image Composite Editor, and then seeing what it looked like in Photosynth.
    Here are the results from my first attempt at this.
    A person could really have some fun with this.

Photosynth
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Looks like you could use a tripod, otherwise a pretty decent photo.
    You can do the same thing from within Windows Live Photo Gallery.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    thats true Clint but with the Image Composite Editor there are a lot of options that are not in the WLPG, such as projection and orientation, which I am still playing with. With ICE, you can also publish it directly to Photosynth instead of having to import each picture one by one. Advantage: ICE
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    thats true Clint but with the Image Composite Editor there are a lot of options that are not in the WLPG, such as projection and orientation, which I am still playing with. With ICE, you can also publish it directly to Photosynth instead of having to import each picture one by one. Advantage: ICE
    I use Microsoft ICE too, and I think it's pretty good. Despite the comment above, I don't see much evidence that your photo suffered from a lack of tripod. I haven't tried Photosynth yet, but inspired by your effort, I think I will.

Ian

Thanks
    I dug through my storage yesterday and found my tripod! I am thinking of going out this afternoon to an overlook close to here and do some shots with the tripod attached.
    This time however I am going to go for a full 360 and see how that turns out.
    Thanks John

Thanks
    I think you'll find the tripod much easier to work with, at least you'll have less croping to do after stitching the photos together. Motion stability results in a much more even match up of photos when stitched.

Good luck and enjoy.

Consider putting your photos up on google maps
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Here is the one I did yesterday. It was a hazy day.
    Have fun Ian..I know I am.......Crown Point
    Thanks John

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    Here is the one I did yesterday. It was a hazy day.
    Have fun Ian..I know I am.......Crown Point
    Thanks. This one is from today, at the Bristol Harbour Festival. Just two shots combined because the wide angle lens wasn't quite wide enough.

Ian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    Thanks. This one is from today, at the Bristol Harbour Festival. Just two shots combined because the wide angle lens wasn't quite wide enough.

Ian
    Nicely Done
    Thanks John