2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the secret to creating your own borders in Publisher 2003?
    What Is the limit to the acceptable size, format or pixel dimensions?

The original image is a 300 X 136 (5.08 kb) .wmf. I have tried converting the image to the following formats & image
    sizes and they all give me the same "Too Complex" rejection message.
    490 X 325 (20.0 kb) .jpeg,
    619 X 281 (4.04 kb) .gif,
    619 X 281 (6.95 kb) .png

I create a box shape using the "Rectangle" key and then use Line/Border Style>More Lines and click on the button
    labeled "Border Art". Then Create Custom>Select Picture and remove the check mark from the "Use Clip Organizer...."
    and go to the image I want for a border. Select the image and enter a name in the "Name Custom Border " box. When
    I click on "OK" I receive the message " This picture is too complex to be made into a border". The image is a round
    magnifiying glass with a handle.

I used this same image in the past and it created a border that I thought I had saved in with the ones that come
    with the program but it has disappeared and is no longer available and Publisher won't create it again.

Can anyone shed some light as to what I might be doing wrong or what I have to do to get the progam to work.

Respectfully,
    Graphics Guy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't have Publisher 2003 anymore but was able to just create a custom border in Publisher 2010 Beta. Perhaps you could upgrade to that - I think the Beta expires in October.

If you want to stay in 2003, can the information in these links be applied to that version?
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...1-fd84014fd5f8
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/pu...001230254.aspx

There is mention of a 64kb size limit in the graphics used in Publisher 2007 but I wouldn't expect it to be less than this in Publisher 2003. I would try reducing the pixel count further in your bitmap and maybe reduce the colours - try a black and white first and see if it can work at all.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Andrew,
    Thank you for the reply. Sorry it took so long to acknowledge your entry but I am a newbie at this and had problems trying to search this site and find where my question was originally located.

Respectfully,

Graphics Guy