5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have never been offered Vista SP2 from Windows Update. I have checked the MS KB and could not find anything that applied to me. It is not in Hidden Updates. My hardware is an HP Pavilion desktop with AMD Athlon 64 dual-core processor. Vista is 32 bit. All other updates (when cleared by Ask Woody) have been successfully installed , including SP1. Any clues?
    HH

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem a while ago. SP2 was not offered until I had updated a hardware driver. I installed a new video card driver and, after reboot, SP2 appeared in Windows Update. (See the 5th point under Causes on the KB article that Joe indicates in his post.)

Fafner

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Read the MS KB article again. Nothing relevant except driver updates. Updated three drivers; Realtek audio, nVidia nForce Serial ATA controller, Brother HL 5140 printer. Rebooted, checked for updates again, no SP2. What's next?
    HH

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Hillman View Post
    Read the MS KB article again. Nothing relevant except driver updates. Updated three drivers; Realtek audio, nVidia nForce Serial ATA controller, Brother HL 5140 printer. Rebooted, checked for updates again, no SP2. What's next?
    HH
    Howard,
    Hello.... I remember something about MS no longer offering "SP-2" after a certain date. So when i was "fooling" around with Vista doing some testing without the "SP's" i missed the cutoff . Then had to download the "stand alone" and run it myself. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en I think that you have to have most other patches applied or "SP-2" will "choke " on install. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Hillman View Post
    Are you sure Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation software feature update released April 28, 2009 is installed? On some systems this update was hidden.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed for the PC?

Joe
    Joe