Thread: MS Word 2007

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running WinXP Home SP3. MS Word 2007 is installed and operating OK, but I would rather use the old 2003 version.

Is there anyway and anywhere I can get a down loadable version of 2003? (Preferably FREE) Is it necessary to Remove 2007 before downloading another version, AND if so, HOW do I remove JUST the MS Word 2007 section of the MS Office suite currently installed.?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaJan View Post
    I am running WinXP Home SP3. MS Word 2007 is installed and operating OK, but I would rather use the old 2003 version.

Is there anyway and anywhere I can get a down loadable version of 2003? (Preferably FREE) Is it necessary to Remove 2007 before downloading another version, AND if so, HOW do I remove JUST the MS Word 2007 section of the MS Office suite currently installed.?
    There is no legal free version of any MS office product. If you do acquire Word 2003 you should completely uninstall Office 2007, install Word 2003, re-install Office 2007. MS Office products should always be installed from oldest version to the newest version.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your VERY prompt reply and the info therein.
    As ALWAYS the Lounge comes up with the HELP I need.
    I guess it's best I just learn to live with 2007.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have a look on eBay for a cheap legit Office 2003. Otherwise, learn to live with and use 2007.

Thanks
    You can download the Search Commands add on that will help find where specific Word functionality now resides in Word 2007at:
    http://www.officelabs.com/projects/s...s/default.aspx

Watch the demo on that page to see how it works.

Jerry