Thanks
    Using Outlook/Office 2003 in a corporate office - so via Exchange server

What I am trying to do is have a script that I can run from the desktop - or even just a button on the Outlook toolbar
    What I would like it to do is add an event to another users calendar with a date of Now and a pop-up reminder
    If possible I would like to have some way to add custom info into pop-up boxes or a form like name and phone number
    The end result is the secretary gets a template with pre-populated info and fields to enter into
    The receiver gets a pop-up reminder on their PC from outlook which has the custom info (Call Matt on 12345678).
    The appointment has all the custom info and more details if required
    They can snooze or dismiss this message as they like

I was considering just having an email or even assigning it to a task but as a Calendar entry the record of the call is kept - so theoretically it could be referred back to say Yes the customer did call on this day
    I have looked at lots of sites brought up by Google and searched these forums e.g.
    http://bro.ws/644965LWS
    I am fairly novice at VB or Java so wondering if someone can make some sense of it and just tell me what variables I need to alter
    I have had some success with the script at this site but I don't know how to make it attach to another users calendar
    http://www.winscripter.com/WSH/MSOffice/90.aspx

Am open to any suggestion or recommendation on the best way to achieve my goal

Long time user of these forums and subscriber to th work of Woody and Fred Langa
    Really love the WAS forums - great
    Thanks
    NOBLEJOKER
    Sth Coast NSW Australia
    My Tech Help Site www.techhelpsite.com
    My Computer Club www.mulligrubs.miltonulladulla.com

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you looked at the WYWO Word template here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN and, or the CDO Live Download page Zip file, here: http://www.cdolive.com/download/, very last item?

Alternatively, have you thought of a Delegated Task method for your objective?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Thanks John
    I have played around with WYWO before
    At the end of the day it works - but really all it is doing is sending an email
    It is handy as an Outlook email message form I guess - although difficult to customise for the novice
    You can set up a Rules filter to pop up a special message when a WYWO email is received

My preference would still be for a way to add an appointment to the other users calendar with a reminder
    That way they get a pop-up and they get an item on the calendar that stays there after the message is returned (or snoozed or ignored)
    It keeps a running reference to customer contacts

If anyone has a way to add a (custom) appointment to another users calendar using OL2003 on exchange I would be very interested
    Thanks again
    NOBLEJOKER
    Sth Coast NSW Australia

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    If anyone has a way to add a (custom) appointment to another users calendar using OL2003 on exchange I would be very interested
    Since those Templates didn't fit, if you don't find anything I can help you work with this. Bear in mind a few things:

1. The Outlook Object Model is quite strange - Outlook is an interface to (1) a MAPI engine for messaging, and (2) a bunch of other bits and pieces of a PIM, most of which are accessible through mixtures of the NameSpace, Explorer, and Inspector Parent objects (the .Session object can be handy way around declaring the NameSpace).

2. Calendar Items sent to recipients (as opposed to created only on one's local Calendar) have somewhat odd Properties: you create the meeting Request as an AppointmentItem in your Calendar with Recipients, it arrives in the Recipient's Inbox as a MeetingItem; then only when the MeetingItem is accepted by the Recipient does it become an AppointmentItem in their Calendar. You cannot prevent a Recipient from declining a sent calendar Item, nor from deleting a sent calendar item without accepting or declining, so you can't guarantee that the AppointmentItem will be created in the Recipient's Calendar.

3. Whoever generates the AppointmentItem for a WYWO Calendar Item will have the Item in their Calendar as Originator. Not certain but I think it's possible to delete it on the Sender calendar by code without killing the recipient's MeetingItem. There may be an answer in old threads in this Forum for which you can search.

4. The time consuming part of what you're asking to do is designing the form you want the sender to fill out, manage its data population by the user (for validity and completeness), and load the completed form contents to an AppointmentItem.

5. Outlook is very local - you'll need to publish the form and code on each prospective users machine. For this reason I wouldn't recommend that you design a custom Calendar Form, I'd recommend that you use the standard form and place custom elements in the standard Subject or Body Text Properties.

All of which is why I suggest you look for an preexisting solution.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Hi John

Thanks for taking the time to set a novice straight
    Given the layers of complexity required to achieve my goal I think I will stick with the email message system
    I'll start with the WYWO form and just modify that a bit (or maybe not even that)
    I know I have enough brains to 'publish' that to each user and I will just set up an email filter to pop up a notifier and sound for each WYWO message
    That will have to do for now
    Thanks again
    NOBLEJOKER
    Sth Coast NSW Australia