2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows 7 pro. The time and date icon in the task bar no longer functions as it should, if I click on it it shows the correct time and date however if I then click on "change time and date settings" I get Windows cant open this file "timedate.cpl" and the usual windows needs to know what program to open it. As usual the Use the web service to find the correct program is about as useful as tits on a Bull, I have no idea what the correct program should be! Has any one come across this behaviour before or has any idea what may be causing it or even what the correct program should be? I can adjust date and time from the control panel. Thanks gws.

Thanks
    Use the web service to find the correct program
    Not sure I understand this, what web service?

Can you access "Date and Time" from the control panel?
    "timedate.cpl" should be located in C:\Windows\System32.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Put your windows 7 disc in your cd/dvd player.Then click on start,run then type in sfc /scannow then click on ok.Notice the space between the sfc /.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron B. Owens View Post
    Put your windows 7 disc in your cd/dvd player.Then click on start,run then type in sfc /scannow then click on ok.Notice the space between the sfc /.
    Sorry for the delay but I did not receive an email notification of an answer. I did what you said and absolutely nothing happened ?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For sfc to work in win 7 you have to use an elevated command prompt, In the Start Menu search box area, type cmd and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    After some time it returned "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" Thanks for trying Ron.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    Not sure I understand this, what web service?

Can you access "Date and Time" from the control panel?
    "timedate.cpl" should be located in C:\Windows\System32.
    When windows doesn't know what program to open a file with it offers to go online and find the correct one "this is the web service i describe" I have used this since it first came out with win 95 I think and it has never ever found the right program, hence my comment "about as much use as tits on bull". Yes I can adjust date and time from the control panel as I originally posted. Cheers gws