New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All...

After downloading a file from the internet and choosing "Open Folder" in the "Download Complete" box I get the "Open With" box instead. Been happening awhile and I think it may have something to do w/using Ccleaner or jv16 but had no luck fixing it.

I appreciate any help you can give me and thanks for being here.

Peter

Thanks
    When the "Open With" box displays, search "C:\Windows" for explorer.exe, then search for the download location.
    I'm hoping this will restore the "Open Folder" link for the next time you choose to download and save.

It's more likely to be jv16 that caused the current snag than Ccleaner.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Clint...

I'll try that out and let you know what happens.

I did restore all that I did with jv16 but apparently it didn't help. I've used it quite a few times over the years w/o a hitch so I was unsure of the cause.

Thanks much for the quick reply.

Peter

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What is the Path of this folder that is being downloaded to?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Clint...

I tried your suggestion and as soon as I chose explorer.exe the download location opened up immediately. I tried another d/l but it went back to "Open With" again 8-[

Also, I remembered that there are other times that the Open With box appears, I think it's when I try to choose properties on some shortcuts but am not sure because it was intermittent and it hasn't happened recently, and I can't seem to duplicate it now. Sorry to be so vague but I've lived with this awhile and have accomodated my d/l style to avoid the need for Open Folder. Any other thoughts?

Thanks much,

Peter

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Dave,

I always create specific folders within My Downloads for each d/l I do. That's how I've adapted...I already have the folder open before I d/l whatever file I'm getting.

Thanks much,

Peter