Thread: Win 7 Gadgets

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm sure that many have used the Calendar Gadget (the one provided by Microsoft in Vista and Win 7). A strange behavior of this gadget has recently been reported by a number of users in our Computer Club. Although this Gadget has worked fine in Vista and Win 7 for some time, the gadget has started "misbehaving". It seems to have cropped up in the past few months for Win 7 users (both 32 and 64 bit versions). When the gadget is installed, the normal behavior is that the calendar comes up in the default orange, single page format. When one clicks on the calendar page the format has always "flipped" to two calendar pages - monthly and current day. The next click gives only the current date display. Now it seems that the reports are that the then current display does not change with a single click. If one clicks multiple times, the display will then change. I checked this out by closing that gadget and un-installing it followed by re-installation. I experienced the same behavior!! I had never seen this behavior in the use of this gadget in Vista or Win 7 up to a couple of months before. Could it have the the result of a Microsoft update? Some of the reports have come from folks that have pretty simplistic systems, so it's less likely that interference from other applications. My wife's PC (running Win Vista) is behaving similarly. Any thoughts??

Don P
    Don Plorde

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Don,

My gadget works as you state. Double clicking changes to single day display, do it again and you're back to one month.

If your Right-Click on the calendar and choose Size-->Large Size you should get a 2 page display, one with the month and one with the date, which changes if you click on a date in the calendar.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    My gadget behaves the same way as RetiredGeek. ie: "Large" or "small" sizes react differently.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.