Thread: Memory

Thanks
    Has anyone (someone) ever hear that a different version such as 1.1 & 1.2 making your computer crash? All four sticks are;CM2X2048.
    All four stick's are the same make,timing,volts as well.Btw os is windows 64bit ultimate.I ran the memory test needless to say I received all kinds of error's.Then again only with two sticks which are the same.The test came up with no errors then. So I end up with only running 4gig's instead of 8gig's.I do a bunch of photo shop editing,etc.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    RAM can be very unpredictable. In the past it was generally sold in matched sets. Since I have not purchased any in a couple of years, I am not up on this, but I would not be surprised if diff versions of the same RAM caused wierd problems.

I guess I can not remember other facts about RAM because my memory is getting bad as well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have heard of mobos that get flakey when all slots are occupied and maxed but you should be able to find something with a google search if there was such a problem and a possible BIOS update to remedy the problem.

Thanks
    I have seen bad sockets too. Does your BIOS allow you to adjust voltage, if yes add .1 volt and test again.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Thanks
    After a few hours of running the memory test in different Dimm sockets.All four sticks past. Bios was already up to date.I went to the Corsair forum & found out that heat was the culprit! So needless to say I ordered a memory cooler.So till then I'm running a small fan directly on the ram.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten