Thread: Strange Hotmail

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Needing some help please ,Using a Gateway nv54,on win 7sys, Just installed Skype next day All hotmail page had changed and there was no toolbar,very awkward to use..any Ideas apart from deleting Skype ?? Thanks for any help

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kingan View Post
    Needing some help please ,Using a Gateway nv54,on win 7sys, Just installed Skype next day All hotmail page had changed and there was no toolbar,very awkward to use..any Ideas apart from deleting Skype ?? Thanks for any help

John,

I have no idea what could have happened, but I would uninstall Skype and re-install. Be sure to use something like REVO uninstall to be sure get all parts of Skype out before re-install. Also re-boot after removing Skype. Let us know if this helped.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that will try

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Microsoft have been rolling out a new update to Hotmail which changes the UI considerably. Can you post a screenshot of what you have? Be sure to "whiteout" any sensitive information.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry mate there seems to be no way to do anything ......there is no tool bar and I do not run IE8 tried to revert to IE7 from this new page ..no luck..Skype is gone and no change..I.m Still lost

Thanks
    John, try accessing your Hotmail with Windows Live Mail http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Sorry mate there seems to be no way to do anything ......there is no tool bar and I do not run IE8 tried to revert to IE7 from this new page ..no luck..Skype is gone and no change..I.m Still lost
    You do NOT need anything in IE to cature a screenshot. See A Guide to Attaching Screenshots Windows Secrets Lounge for information on capturing a screenshot. In point number one, you can use MS Paint or any other graphics program if you don't have MS Photo Editor.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    You do NOT need anything in IE to cature a screenshot. See A Guide to Attaching Screenshots Windows Secrets Lounge for information on capturing a screenshot. In point number one, you can use MS Paint or any other graphics program if you don't have MS Photo Editor.

Joe
    Joe,

That post could do with updating to include details about the snipping tool included with Windows 7 (and Vista so I've heard.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry mate (newby) dont have Office or Paint .Have to find out how to get it in ,,Meantime IE7 is Bl---------dy hopeless

Thanks
    Sorry mate (newby) dont have Office or Paint .Have to find out how to get it in ,,Meantime IE7 is Bl---------dy hopeless
    If you don't have Paint, or Office use the Snipit tool that is available in Win7. you can save that as a .jpeg and attach it here.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you are running Windows you've got Paint, unless you've delete or uninstalled it.

Joe
    Joe