New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have a specific problem that is haunting me from past 3-4 days on my home PC.

I have Windows 7 (Ultimate) installed on my PC and I am now unable to access www.google.com and its associated websites like www.gmail.com. I am getting this erro

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

All other websites are accessible without any problem.

Whenever I try to access google search, It simply goes into waiting time and then sometimes it gives me Error 401. Funny enough, ping works great and if I directly enter ip address of www.google.com in browser then it is accessible and shows up home page of google. However, when I enter to search any term, browser simply hangs up. I have used Chrome, IE and even Firefox but same problem.

I have used so many cleaing software like Hitman Pro 3.5, Malware Megabytes and Microsoft Security essentials to eliminate any malware but no success.

Please help.

Regards
    Tariq

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Rishi View Post
    Hi,

I have a specific problem that is haunting me from past 3-4 days on my home PC.

I have Windows 7 (Ultimate) installed on my PC and I am now unable to access www.google.com and its associated websites like www.gmail.com. I am getting this erro

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"**
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

All other websites are accessible without any problem.

Whenever I try to access google search, It simply goes into waiting time and then sometimes it gives me Error 401. Funny enough, ping works great and if I directly enter ip address of www.google.com in browser then it is accessible and shows up home page of google. However, when I enter to search any term, browser simply hangs up. I have used Chrome, IE and even Firefox but same problem.

I have used so many cleaing software like Hitman Pro 3.5, Malware Megabytes and Microsoft Security essentials to eliminate any malware but no success.

Please help.**

Regards
    Tariq
    Have you looked at your hosts file? Do you (or your ISP) have a DNS problem?

Ian

Thanks
    Also make sure you don't have a proxy server in Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings. You could also try Open DNS to see if it makes any difference. WWW.opendns.com.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Both

Many thanks for your feedback. It gave me some direction to look into because other wise I was focusing on some malware.

I checked host file and there was nothing wrong with that.

Actually I upgraded my Windows version on PC about three months ago and at that time I was using OpenDns service. I also installed the utility of DNS on my desktop to update my ip address on real time basis.

However, when I upgraded to Windows 7 I forgot to install this utility of OpenDNS to update ip address. But for some reason for about three months I never had any problem in visiting google.com until one nice day I simply was unable to use.

All I did now that I installed the OpenDNS utility on my desktop to update my ip address.This solved my problem.

Just for my own curiosity any one of you can shed some light that what could have been the reason that I did not encounter this problem for initial three months.

Regards
    Tariq