Thanks
    I was thinking about upgrading the memory in a Dell Desktop 4500S that I own. I wanted to ask if anyone here had any that was available for purchase. I have the RAM type so everyone knows which kind I need and if it is compatible with the computer. The RAM is as follows:

(x2) 1 GB stick (for a total of 2GB, as that is the maximum the computer slots will support) with a speed of DDR PC2700, or DDR PC3200.

Strangely enough, when I looked online at different computer part websites, I found DDR2 (dual channel) RAM that was cheaper than the single channel DDR that we are looking for. For example, a 1GB stick of DDR2 RAM from Kingston was only 20 bucks, whereas a 1GB DDR at a speed of 2700 from Crucial was a whopping 45 dollars! It could be because it is just an older type, and isn't made as much anymore. Then again, there could be another reason why it is so expensive. In any event, if anyone knows where we could find such memory at a lower price, or if anyone has some that they don't need, please let me know, so that I may follow through with the upgrade quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

Thanks
    Well sir it seems like they have you by your seat of pants,more or less. You can check out this site;Memory See what you think. Good Luck finding anything cheaper.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    The Newegg memory in Ron's link is probably the cheapest your gonna find.
    (I'd go with that Crucial one in the link)

PRO Memory Upgrades $39.99 (1 stick)
    Upgrade your Dell Dimension 4500S with a 1GB memory 1x 1GB 311-2077 PC2700 DDR 333MHz Unbuffered DIMM
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I think you are both right, thanks for the prompt replies. Unfortunately, the older DDR RAM is more expensive than the newer, DDR2 because the manufacturing technologies are cheaper, making the RAM easier to produce. However, I did find something on eBay. What do you think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-1GB-PC3200-4...item483ba4ce00

Is that a good deal? I think it is the right kind of memory, but I am not completely sure.
    Thank you again for the links, and the advice!
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

Thanks
    I did find something on eBay. What do you think of this: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item483ba4ce00
    Good price, but what are you gonna do if you get it and find it doesn't work, or it's damaged.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I once ordered some memory that is much older than the PC2700 to rebuild a Windows 95 PC (I like to collect dinosaurs), and I was only able to find it on eBay. It was dirt cheap, and I rolled the dice and it worked great! However, I only went to eBay once I had exhausted more attractive options. I would have ordered from Crucial if the ram had been available. I have ordered a lot of memory modules from Crucial, and thus far have had no unpleasant surprises.

Note: I have no affiliation with Crucial or Crucial.com. I am only a satisfied customer.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill