New Lounger
    Thanks
    My PC freezes up when I try to open most videos (You Tube, Vimeo, etc.) in my browser. I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit, SP2. The problem occurs in both Firefox and Opera. Both browsers and Vista are up to date. My only solution is to power off and force a reboot. The freeze up is not usually instantaneous, as I can sometimes minimize the browser window, start Task Manager, move the pointer, etc., but it usually is frozen in less than a minute. Where should I begin looking?

Thanks
    Hi Terry, and welcome to the Lounge!

Does the behavior occur only in browser videos, not when viewing videos in Windows Media Player or Media Center?

If it only occurs in your browsers, then maybe your last Flash install is corrupted. Try uninstalling the the current version and plugins, and then download the latest Flash for installation. When you go into your browsers, follow the prompts if you are informed of a needed plugin.

If you notice less than normal performance in WMP or Media Center, try updating your video drivers.

Take a look at the Event Viewer Windows logs (type event in the Start menu search box and press enter) - Application Log and System Log for any critical errors (marked in red) matching the times of freeze.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill