4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I create a lot of narrated PowerPoint slides for clients. Many of these clients want the narrated slides to be done in Camtasia so the results can be converted into web presentations.

I know that I can record the narration in Camtasia, I do that all the time. However, there are real advantages to me to record the narration in PowerPoint and then do the conversion using Camtasia. However, Camtasia cannot accept narrated PowerPoint slides as input. Their suggestion is to play the resulting slides and record the screen using Camtasia. That works but capturing an hour long presentation takes an hour and any message or alert from the computer messes up the capture. Ugh!

I have tried some experiments of using another program to convert the narrated PowerPoint slides to a video file and then importing that video file into Camtasia but only the audio came in.

Does anyone have any successful experience getting narrated files from PowerPoint to Camtasia that might work better than just playing the presentation for a screen capture?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks
    Can Camtasia import an audio file to be synchronized with the presentation?
    If so, why not use something like Audacity while you are recording, save the file as a wav or mp3 and bring it in separately.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Camtasia creates a Flash movie. It needs to know when to move between slides and between animation segments within a slide. That means you have to record the narration inside Camtasia so it can also capture the changing of the slides. That information is also stored in PowerPoint if you record the narration there so it would be available to Camtasia. Recording the narration in an external audio program would not record the information on when to advance the slides and animation.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks
    I use Adobe Captivate - which does allow importing audio files.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile