Thanks
    This link takes you to an old article dealing with Blue Screens of Death (BSODs), what they mean and how to take corrective action. I believe it is still relevant and may be of help to many. How say you?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...guide?page=0,0
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Still a relevant article, thanks.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    Still a relevant article, thanks.
    When did you last have one, Clint?!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    This link takes you to an old article dealing with Blue Screens of Death (BSODs), what they mean and how to take corrective action. I believe it is still relevant and may be of help to many. How say you?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...guide?page=0,0
    Peter,
    Hello and thanks for the link... personally knowing little on how to interpret BSOD's any information is useful (old or not ) I also suspect that there are many more in my camp ( ) than in the other. Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    @Fred J Usack: Believe me, Fred, I am decidedly in YOUR camp!
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Wasn't Winders 7 supposed to be BSOD proof? That was one of the big selling features as I remember it! Security, stability, added features, all designed to make Win 7 the ultimate OS. Wasn't that the pitch?

I've personally never had a BSOD in windows 7, but then I only run it for testing and educational purposes and not as my everyday OS. So maybe I've just not pushed it to the breaking point yet.
    But, I have loaded it with almost all the programs I run on XP and my entire security software package as well, and still no BSOD's.
    Gee, I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun

The (witch) Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Thanks
    Wasn't Winders 7 supposed to be BSOD proof? That was one of the big selling features as I remember it! Security, stability, added features, all designed to make Win 7 the ultimate OS. Wasn't that the pitch?
    Some things never change, the BSOD is one of them. I've had a few relating to memory when I first stated with Windows 7.
    As it turned out, the motherboard didn't like the 4 GBs of memory I installed along side the 4 GBs I had already had. I had to purchase
    a whole new set of 2GB x 4.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    This old article would of came in handy some time back! Sure would of saved me a lot time trouble shooting,a friends computer last year.Thanks for the heads up.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Another good old resource for STOP issues is...

TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Found this BSOD site recently on Gismo's site. It helped me help another as I am not an Alphageek but only "abetageek" ha!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot. The article is till useful and WILL BE

D.Balaji
    India