Star Lounger
    Thanks
    During the past few days, the "back" button on my mouse won't go to the previous page in IE8. The "back" arrow also goes nowhere. In checking the dropdown list a few odd url addresses which I haven't gone to appear. A sample follows:

(http://adverv.adtech.com/adifram/3)

This is what appears to be preventing the back functions to return to the previous page. It somehow shows up between the last page I went to and the page I came from. I checked mouse settings and the mouse is correctly configured. Any ideas?

I'm using IE8 and I can use the drop-down list to return to the previous url. The urls blocking the back function invariably include text which refers to ads and/or adserv which would suggest that the page I'm actually visiting is causing the problem as a result of ads on their page.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same problem while using OpenDNS to block Ads. This causes many pages to not work with the back button as the page doesn't completely load correctly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Martin View Post
    This is what appears to be preventing the back functions to return to the previous page. It somehow shows up between the last page I went to and the page I came from. I checked mouse settings and the mouse is correctly configured. Any ideas?

I'm using IE8 and I can use the drop-down list to return to the previous url. The urls blocking the back function invariably include text which refers to ads and/or adserv which would suggest that the page I'm actually visiting is causing the problem as a result of ads on their page.
    There are many ways to redirect the browser to a new page. Some of them appear in your history and some do not. When a redirect page appears in your history and you go back to it, you just get redirected forward again. This may be intentional, to "mouse trap" you, or it might be inadvertent. Regardless, the only way around is to do what you're doing and use the drop-down (or the full history list) to go back an extra page.

If you went down this path as the result of an add-on, such as a search toolbar, you could consider disabling or uninstalling the add-on if its benefits do not outweigh the annoyance.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    There are many ways to redirect the browser to a new page. Some of them appear in your history and some do not. When a redirect page appears in your history and you go back to it, you just get redirected forward again. This may be intentional, to "mouse trap" you, or it might be inadvertent. Regardless, the only way around is to do what you're doing and use the drop-down (or the full history list) to go back an extra page.

If you went down this path as the result of an add-on, such as a search toolbar, you could consider disabling or uninstalling the add-on if its benefits do not outweigh the annoyance.
    i dont use add ons

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    i dont use add ons
    Flash and java are both add ons and there are many others that you may have installed.

Have a look at "Tools, Manage Add on" and see what you have installed, you just may be surprised!

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.