Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I have a small home network with one desktop running Windows XP and 2 laptops running Windows 7. They are connected through a Netgear Wireless router. The 2 laptops through wireless and the desktop wired. My broadband connection is via satellite which is costly but the only option available. Because of the cost I only have a small download/upload limit of 3gb per month which with 2 teenagers (one studying university on line and the other at high school) results in us reaching our download limits well within each month..

So as part of trying to utilise our access appropriately I was wondering if there is any free software available that I could install which would provide details on access times per pc/laptop and sites visited. We could then have a look at where we can improve our access etc

Looking forward to your responses

Thank you

Dax

Thanks
    I just did a bing search for the software you need,way to many to suggest. Here's the link for you though;Bing BTW,welcome to the lounge Dax Good Luck on your FREE choices.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ron
    Thanks for the info but I was more after software that provides information not only on downloads but web surfing activity...if that makes sense

Cheers
    Dax

Thanks
    The real location that this measurement should take place is on the router, but I haven't come across any which could aggregate the data transfer by local connection.

I've installed Networx on each PC/laptop, and set it to monitor only the WAN connection (and not any devices on the LAN). You still have to collect the figures from each PC/laptop, though...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Batcher, I'll check it out

Cheers
    Dax

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I would install m0n0wall or Smoothwall on an old PC and run all external access through it, then you can set limits on individual PCs.

cheers, Paul