5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Found this on the Acronis site
    Acronis® True Image Home 2011 Beta program

Here is an excerpt ....
    Dear Acronis® Customer,

We would like to invite you to participate in the beta testing of our newest product, Acronis® True Image Home 2011 that provides the following new functionality:

- New User Interface that simplifies all backup and recovery operations and consolidates all information about backups.
    - Better support for Windows 7. You can start, edit, explore or recover backups from Windows 7 Control Panel without starting Acronis® True Image Home 2011. Right-click on a file, folder or volume and see all versions available for recovery. Protect all your Documents, Music, Video, and Pictures in Windows 7 Libraries.
    - Acronis Nonstop Backup™ now protects individual folders and files and supports Acronis® Secure Zone® as a location for Nonstop backups. Content search is now available for Nonstop backups as well.

We are looking for feedback from both experienced and novice users about this beta and hope that you will be part of this important program. As a small token of our appreciation, we will award free licenses of Acronis® True Image Home 2011 (when released) to 10 best testers. After beta is complete, on this forum we will announce 10 beta testers who provided feedback that helped us the most to improve the product.

If you’d like to join in our current beta program and try our new product, you will need to register first

Thanks
    2010 seems to be working very well for my needs. I may try the Beta on to see what the differences are. Can both versions be installed side by side? Thanks.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I think I found an answer to my question, from the Acronis Beta support forum "ATIH 2011 will automatically uninstall the 2010 for you (in a way, overwriting it). Do a FULL backup with 2010 first, then refresh your boot media. Only then install 2011 on top."
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I should be giving feedback to Acronis, not here, I suspect (we had a testy thread here about confidentiality for a previous beta, and I'm not sure if I'm sworn to secrecy or not), but I can tell both you and Acronis that it really saved my bacon with an extremely large image that had to be restored, and I now have the beta on a second computer as well as the first: one Vista, one Win 7.

Thanks
    Actually, Acronis True Image Home 2011 has been released. It does have upgrade pricing available, but is not free.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted