New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been using Comodo Firewall for a long while. I recently tried to update the program by downloading the new version. Now I cannot reinstall it. I get the error message "Cannot install Comodo Firewall. Error: 1603 Fatal error during installation. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3. Can anyone suggest a solution?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I'am taking a shot in the dark here. IF you haven't yet,Uninstalled your old program.Here's a FREE Uninstall program that will dig deeper than the norm.Here's the link;Revo Uninstaller Then after you uninstall the old reboot your computer.Then install the new.
    MAKE sure you read the,read me file real good from the Revo program.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    After following Ron's advice, ensure your AV app is disabled during the install. AV apps are notorious for causing installation problems. (When doing this you should disconnect from the internet so that nothing can get through while you are redoing your secruity programs.)
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the EXACT same problem trying to go from Comodo 3 to Comodo 4. I even emailed their support to no avail.
    What finally got it to work for me was to uninstall the previous version ( OF COURSE I had tried that many times before) AND manually search and delete every instance of Comodo I found in the registry. Then and ONLY then did the new version install for me.

Hope this helps

Joe Sica

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had exactly the same issues.

I decided that the one program that I really need to be correctly written is my firewall.
    After coming to that realization, it was a short next step to forgetting the whole thing and going back to Windows Firewall.

Imagine how many people have had this problem now (I'm 2 of 2 now) and no help shows up on their web site.

Dave S.