Thanks
    I'd like to create an effect where one word fades out then immediately another word fades in. I want this alternating fade in/fade out to continue until the click for the next slide. I know I can do it with individual animations repeatedly for as long as I think the slide will be onscreen, but I am wondering if there is a better way to make this happen.

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you use a Loop to accomplish your goal?

PowerPoint 2003 help shows:

Loop an animation
    Show AllHide All
    1.If the Custom Animation task pane (task pane: A window within an Office program that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.) is not displayed, on the Slide Show menu, click Custom Animation.
    2.In the Custom Animation task pane, in the Custom Animation list (Custom Animation list: The list of animation sequences for a slide. Items are listed in the order in which they are added, and include icons that indicate timing in relation to other animation events.), click the item that you want to change the timings for.
    3.Click the arrow and click Timing.
    4.In the Repeat list, do one of the following:
    •If you want to repeat the animation (animate: To add a special visual or sound effect to text or an object. For example, you can have your text bullet points fly in from the left, one word at a time, or hear the sound of applause when a picture is uncovered.) a set number of times and then stop, type in a numerical value.
    •If you want to allow the animation to repeat until you click the slide, click Until Next Click.
    •If you want to allow the animation to repeat until all other animations on the slide are finished, click Until End of Slide.

Have not tested but sounds like what you need.
    Richard Spring

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried it and seems to work.
    See attached file.
    Let me know it works for your situation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Richard Spring

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no way to loop a series of crossfades so it works smoothly from the GUI. We sell a product that does this (fadeloop), it creates animations which cannot be made from the GUI.If you don't want to spend money a workaround is to have one set of animations and then loop the slide as part of a one slide custom show.Have a button to jump out of the show when you're ready.

Fade Loop

Demo with custom show

Thanks
    RSpring,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need the words to fade back in, not just pop back in as they do in a repeat mode. The way I've done it as I stated in first post works, but it only has a finite number of repetitions, which may have to do for now.

JohnWilson's idea, if I am understanding it, of making a custom show with a single slide and looping that show may work if I change things around.

So I guess there is no way to loop a single slide then, is there?

Thanks

Thanks
    As John said you'd create a custom show looping that single slide.
    Personally, I'd probably loop two slides (if it is for the text effect you were asking about in a previous thread).
    Here is a useful how to.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    Thanks, Catherine.

I am going through those directions but they are for Powerpoint 2003. In Powerpoint 2007 I do not see the "Show and Return" checkbox when the Action Settings dialog appears, after I create the Action Button.
    Do you know where I locate that?

Thanks

Thanks
    I've been experimenting some more with this. If, instead of Insert>Shapes>Action Button, I instead Insert just a regular shape and then right click on it and make it a hyperlink, I do see the "show and return" checkbox. When I then run the show, it does loop the slide as desired, but when I hit Escape it comes back to the slide with the hyperlink on it, instead of continuing the show by going to the slide after the looped slide. If I click the mouse at that point, it does then continue the show, but I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Is there a way to make it work like I want?

Or is it doing this because I am not using an Action Button?

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Thanks, Catherine.

I am going through those directions but they are for Powerpoint 2003. In Powerpoint 2007 I do not see the "Show and Return" checkbox when the Action Settings dialog appears, after I create the Action Button.
    Do you know where I locate that?

Thanks
    Here you go[attachment=89599:PPT Hyperlink Dialogue.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    What I would do, instead of using "Show and Return" is to add an action button (or shape it doesn't matter) on the looping slide(s). This action button would navigate to the rest of the show.
    I have an example file, if you are interested.
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    OK I'd like to see your example file.

Thanks

Thanks
    [attachment=89601:Presentation1.pptx] Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    Thanks for posting that, Catherine.

It took me a while to reverse engineer it, to see what you did.

I was curious as to why you needed to create a second custom slide show for the rest of the presentation, slide 4, 5, & 6. As a test I deleted the second custom show, and set the hyperlinks in the looping show to link instead to slide 4. But then when I run the show and click the link, it does go to slide 4, but it cannot advance to slide 5, which seems to explain why you created the second custom show. Why does it not advance past slide 4?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Vincenzo, I hadn't really thought out why it works the way it does. So, here is my take on what is happening.
    The 2 custom show provides an "exit" from the Hello&Goodby show. Without that exit, you are still caught up in the Hello&Goodby show, even when you are on slide 4.
    If you want to proceed sequentially through slides 4,5,6 you must press the Escape key to return to slide 1 - this ends the Hello&Goodby show and the presentation can return to a normal linear sequence.

Alternately, you'd set up navigation buttons on slide 4 and 5 to navigate to the next slide.

You notice that when the 2nd custom show is running, you repeat through it, unless you use the end presentation button on slide 6.

This is all a consequence of the Set up show, Loop continuously until "Esc" option. That option is required to give you the looping between the hello and goodbye slides. So, as a result more explicit navigation has to be created throughout the rest of the presentation.

Thanks for making me work this out.
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    OK, thanks, Catharine, for taking the time to go through that for me.

Vince