5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am wondering about a tutorial subsection in each section of the lounge, or maybe a way to make them sticky....

I am thinking about the imaging tutorials and some of the other how-to type work that is going on.

Any suggestions? It seems that the forum format is not ideal for these types of posts...but I think the lounge is a good place for them..

Thanks
    Well, maybe...

A future step in our development of the Lounge will be to let you quickly find posts with lots of thumbs-up points. For example, a few months from now you might be able to sort a forum, bringing to the top those threads containing high-scoring posts. Or you could use our search engine to find posts with more than N points.
    See: [topic=775826]FAQ: How the thumbs-up voting system works[/topic].

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That might be a good solution as unused tutorials would be allowed to die a timely death.....

Thanks
    I agree about a way of making some of these threads more prominent, and not simply because I started one of the aforementioned tutorials. There seems to be certain topics that come up again time after time. It appears that once the thread makes it's way to the second page, it is viewed very infrequently, and in some cases this is too bad. Many more members could benefit from these threads if they were somehow placed into a special tutorial subsection. The thread should have easy to understand directions, and should be widely viewed or be for a widely used app. Just a thought to add to mercyh ideas.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Perhaps a special type of forum entitled "Tutorials" would work: Block the ability for posts to be added to avoid the tutorials being "corrupted" by numerous comments. Have a seperate Forum for "Tutorial Critique", the posts of which could be used as a pool from which updates to the original tutorials could be created by the original Tutorial authors.

Edit: Perhaps I expressed myself poorly: I mean create a Forum where new THREADS, each containing a tutorial, may be created, but no posts permitted to each new thread. Similarly for the "Critique" forum: Create a thread named after each tutorial and permit posts to which members may add suggestions to improve the tutorial, or generally critique it. The posts could then be used by the creator of the tutorial to amend the tutorial (improve it)if/as necessary.
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Thanks
    Peter,

That sounds like a possible solution. The tutorials tend to start getting "Long in the Tooth" so to speak after a while and it becomes a little hard to follow with so many replies.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy