Thread: PhotoStory

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Running WinXP SP3. I have bags of hard drive space and memory.

I've spent several hours(days) loading pictures into Windows PhotoStory. I have it it in two separate sections. I use NERO as a burner to a DVD. When I try burning to a disc the second section comes out just fine but the first section gets me a notice that it is corrupted, yet it plays back OK on the PhotoStory site.

I'm looking for a different program that I can move the pictures to to get a Slide Show that I can burn to a DVD. Preferably a program that I can dub in commentary or text.

All suggestions most appreciated

Thanks
    Sounds like Roxio Creator Pro should fit the bill for you.Here's a link;Newegg The cheapest I found.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Roxio or Nero suite certainly, one often overlooked is Windows Movie maker though I think the text overlay would require using another program to stick it on individual photos. Pinnacle has a free program called VideoSpin that I'm in the process of downloading and am going to try out the latest version (2.0); it may be able to format photos text and audio as needed. Other multi-track video and DVD-authoring programs are more than capable but they will cost similar to Roxio and Nero, if not more (Pinnacle Studio, Corel VideoStudio, Premiere Elements, etc).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just been checking out VideoSpin and its pretty good for free. One can pretty much do everything for a slideshow except I don't see a place to animate or pan over the photo. Otherwise sequence and time to view is very easy to set, custom audio can be added, transitions if needed and text can be added by double clicking in the title track area and that is drag and drop adjustable as well. Some of the codecs are 15-day trial and no DVD authoring in the free version but you said you have Nero for that anyway.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanx all. Checked out Videospin and from the comments decided to take a pass. It is NOT FREE in spite of their advertising. Just for a trial period and then its pay $$$$.

Windows Movie Maker seems the route I'll go.

THANX all again.