New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am experiencing poor print quality with a HP Photosmart C5180 and Word 2003 and Excel 2003. The problem is faint rows of black print every so often down the page - a little like you see with a laser printer when the toner is running out...

The printer exhibits no problems printing it's test page, web pages or Wordpad documents so it seems to be an issue with Office 2003 - can anyone suggest a solution..

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with the latest software and drivers for the printer

Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you cannot see anything awry in Print Preview, then it is a printer problem, not Word.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Terry

Following your comment I enlarged the Print Preview to see if I could find a problem - no, all was perfect

Problem certainly looks like a black print head issue if that is the case I can't understand why it prints perfectly in other programs and the HP test print is good after cleaning

I have asked HP how to clean the print head and I'm waiting for a response.... In the meantime I'll avoid using Office!!

Thanks again