M13Misfit

Desperate for help

When I go into front page, I access my root web. Then, I go into a section, to edit it, and it prompts me for the password again. I know it is the correct password. It gets me into the root web, to begin with. But, it will not accept it. The only way to make the screen go away, is to hit escape. That, in turn, destroys the page. I am despereate for assistance. Please help!

Thanks

Re: Desperate for help

What Operating system and are you using a server? FrontPage Personal Web Server, Microsoft Personal Web Server or other.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

M13Misfit

Do you mean, who is our web host? we use front page to publish, and have an outside web hosting company. Is that what you are asking? I did find a troubleshoot, that has to do with the permissions, but when I go to the fix, my permissions section looks different. I am stumped.[img]/w3timages/icons/hairy.gif[/img]

Thanks

You need to find out more about what your ISP is using to host your site. If it is a permissions problem, then it is unlikely that you will be able to solve it from your end (unless they have sloppy security). Educating yourself is the first step to keeping them on their toes!
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

M13Misfit

so, this doesnt sound like a problem with my front page? they keep saying that they reset my extensions. i am still getting the same problem.

Thanks

Well, the server extensions do talk to the security set on the web server. If they have reset your extensions, I'd be looking deeper - at the web server security itself.
    WebGenii Home Page

M13Misfit

It would appear that you couldn't be more correct. In fact, when I called the web host about it, I changed the password, without him even asking who I was. Definite security problem.