Thanks
    Hi guys, I hope someone can offer some advice on the following.

I have Windows XP 32 bit on one drive and have installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a second drive for dual boot.

I am trying to find out if I can use PC mover on to move all my XP 32 bit stuff to my Windows 7 64 bit drive.

I have done been trying for the past several weeks to find out and seem to be getting mixed information.

PC MOVER website doesn't seem to address it and their tech help really isn't any good...

I have already updated my Motherboard drivers etc and Windows 7 is booting fine.

I really want to try to avoid spending weeks doing it manually and if PC Mover will do it then I will purchase it.

Thanks

Bany
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Lurker
    Thanks
    I bought PC Mover Assist to move my XP 32 bit pro files and data to Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I removed the XP drive from the failing notebook and connected it to the new Win 7 notebook via a USB port. I ran the software and selected to move the security settings, registry, and cookies. Then I selected all the programs I knew would work with the 64 bit OS. When it was done in less than an hour, I booted the Win7 notebook and my sign on was the same with password as on the XP machine and when I went to various forums, I was already signed in with the correct credentials. I did not move MS Office since I installed a newer version on the new notebook.

I spent $29 on that program and it did nearly everything. That was the first time I ever had it so easy.

Before doing the migration, you should check to see if the manufacturers of the USB drivers for 32bit XP have rewritten them for 64bit Win 7. I found that Canon won't do it for non current cameras as well as a few other companies.

BTW, I called them and told them what I wanted to do and they pointed me to the correct software.

w

Thanks
    Thanks Wayne.
    I already have Windows 7 on my second hard drive and have gotten updated printer drivers and motherboard drivers and so far 7 is working fine.

When reading faq's on the PCmover site I saw that there is also a version update for the program for 64 bit.

Did you have to use that program update for the 64 bit Pcmover?

I'm a little confused over that and not sure if the 64 bit upgrade gets installed on both hardrives or what.

Thanks.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"