New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm running an XP virtual PC on Windows 7 Ulitmate and never had any problems with it until I started using the Windows 7 sleep mode. When I wake up my PC and try to start the virtual PC I get the error "could not enable integration features". Rebooting sometimes fixes the problem but it often requires shutting down my PC for a minute then restarting it. Any ideas?

-Steve

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Seems like you might have a device driver that is not responding properly to sleep & wakeup. Are you using hybrid sleep? Have you checked the Power Management settings for various devices in Device Manager?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure about hybrid sleep. I looked in Power Options, Advanced Settings, Sleep, and Allow Hybrid Sleep is set to On. Does that mean I'm using hybrid sleep? Should I be?
    I looked through Device Manager and I think the only things I saw with power management options were the network adapter, keyboard and mouse. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary there.

-Steve

Thanks
    Hi Steve,

By default, Windows 7 users hybrid sleep when you select sleep. Hybrid sleep combines the feature of keeping everything in active in memory for quick resume, and also writes the contents of memory to the hard drive like hibernate does. You can cut off the hybrid sleep option so that sleep mode will function as normal sleep to see if that helps with the problem.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I cut off the hybrid sleep option and gave it one quick try: the Virtual PC worked fine. I'm going to let it sleep a few hours and try it again. Then I'll let it sleep overnight and if it still works in the morning, we may have it fixed.

-Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I haven't had any problems starting the virtual PC after waking up my PC so I think it's fixed. Thanks everyone!

-Steve

Thanks
    Glad things worked out for you, Steve. Thanks for posting back. Hopefully everything will continue to run well concerning sleep.
    Have a great weekend!
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill